Monday, February 9, 2015

Cross-section drawing of CAD in Solidworks

As I mention about my work of ultrasound calibration, there was a part of developing and design of the ultrasound phantom that illustrated under ultrasound images and represent its corresponding position and/or orientation. The principal about ultrasound is the reflex ultrasound wave to construction details of captured objects. Two-dimension ultrasound image is the cross-section style of image capture.

During state of the design, I do need Solidworks Software to help illustrating cross-section of my us phantom because I cannot always imagin 3D structure and its cut-off plane. I also recognized that its help other people understanding my work once I try to explain how each design of us phantom work.
Thirdly, its looks good on my manuscript.

Most tutorial in Youtube show you only how to have section view in drawing which is actually the projection of the cut-view. I want only the cross-section with cut-plane

For the step of how Solidworks reply cross-section of your CAD

First: of course you must have your CAD draw in Solidworks

Second: Do you know that you can have cross-section in 3D (for quick)?



Third: In case you only want both the cut-face and beyond detail

and



and drag out the follow...

and Oh la I have...
Notice that it is the view from cut-face not the cross-section (section cap) as I want

Forth: Crossection in drawing. Yeah!!!

then

Finishhh

No comments:

Post a Comment